What you will learn:
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Your instructor may also offer the PADI Deep Diver and Search and Recovery Diver specialty diver courses along with your divemaster training to help you meet all requirements and to broaden your abilities.
Choosing and using your scuba gear is part of the fun of diving. In Tarpoon Lagoon Dive Center we will help you find the right gear. Each piece of scuba equipment has a different function so that together, it adapts you to the underwater world.
For Divemaster as a minimum, you'll want your own:
- Signal Tube
- Finger Spool
- Cut tool
- Pocket Mask
These have a personal fit, and Tarpoon Lagoon we will help you choose gear with the best fit and features for you.
Consider investing in all your own scuba equipment when you start your course because:
- You’re more comfortable learning to scuba dive using gear you’ve chosen.
- You’re more comfortable using scuba gear fitted for you.
- Scuba divers who own their scuba diving equipment find it more convenient to go diving.
- Having your own scuba diving gear is part of the fun of diving.
The kind of gear you’ll need depends on the conditions where you dive most.
** 10% OFF for our students.
What to expect:
Tarpoon Lagoon Dive Center is proud to have all the amenities needed for your course in ONE LOCATION with FREE parking in the heart of South Beach! This makes for a very stress free learning experience.