- ABOUT ALL SPECIALTIES
- Padi Cavern Course
What to expect:
Becoming a specialty diver is a wonderful adventure!
1. Knowledge Development
- Simply pick up your materials from Tarpoon Lagoon and you can start studying in your own home
- We will then schedule a classroom session to review what you've learned
1. Open Water Dives
- Depending on the specialty you choose, you will participate in anywhere from 2 to 6 immersions
- You will practice many real life diving scenarios
- Debriefing with your instructor to critique and improve your skills
What you will learn:
Ready for a challenge? You’ll complete four scuba dives with the first focused on line handling, reel use and emergency procedures outside a cavern; and the next three dives put your new skills to use inside a cavern. You’ll also learn about:
- Other specialized equipment for cavern diving, such as lights and redundant breathing systems.
- Avoiding disorientation and anti-silting techniques.
- Dive planning, including depth and distance limits and air management for cavern diving.
How can you start learning now?
Visit us at Tarpoon Lagoon Dive Center to enroll in the course and schedule the first class session with your PADI Instructor.
What scuba gear will you use?
Along with your basic scuba equipment, you’ll need a primary dive light and a smaller backup light, plus a line and reel. Your Tarpoon instructor may suggest other gear appropriate for cavern diving, such as a collapsible snorkel that fits in your pocket or other technical diving equipment.
Choosing and using your scuba gear is part of the fun of diving. In Tarpoon Lagoon we will help you find the right gear. Each piece of scuba equipment has a different function so that together, it adapts you to the underwater world.
Depending on your course of choice, you may need some topic specific equipment in order to complete the course successfully. These items may include things like a camera, wreck diving arrows, flashlights or gloves. Be sure to inquire about what you need for each lesson and the Tarpoon Lagoon staff will be happy to guide you in your selections.
These have a personal fit, and Tarpoon Lagoon we will help you choose gear with the best fit and features for you.
The kind of gear you’ll need depends on the conditions where you dive most.
** 10% OFF for our students.
Personal items to bring:
- Change clothes
- Lunch / Money