- ABOUT ALL SPECIALTIES
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
What to expect:
Becoming a specialty diver is a wonderful adventure!
1. Knowledge Development
- Simply pick up your materials from Tarpoon Lagoon and you can start studying in your own home
- We will then schedule a classroom session to review what you've learned
1. Open Water Dives
- Depending on the specialty you choose, you will participate in anywhere from 2 to 6 immersions
- You will practice many real life diving scenarios
- Debriefing with your instructor to critique and improve your skills
What you will learn:
During two scuba dives, you’ll learn how to:
- Determine the exact weight you need, so you’re not too light or too heavy.
- Trim your weight system and scuba gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
- Streamline to save energy, use air more efficiently and move more smoothly through the water.
- Hover effortlessly in any position – vertical or horizontal.
Get credit! The first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
New to TEC Diving? This course has many helpful tips to achieving good buoyancy control when TEC diving.
How can you start learning now?
Visit Tarpoon Lagoon Dive Center to enroll in the course and get your PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Manual and Peak Performance Buoyancy video. By reading the manual and watching the video before class, you’ll be ready to get in the water and start practicing your buoyancy skills when you meet with your PADI Instructor at Tarpoon Lagoon Dive Center.
What scuba gear will you use?
It’s best to use your own scuba equipment, including a weight system, so that you fine-tune your buoyancy in gear you’ll use on every dive. Your PADI Instructor at Tarpoon Lagoon Dive Center can help you find the equipment that is best for you and your diving adventures.
Call (305) 532-1445 or send us an e-mail to sign up.
Choosing and using your scuba gear is part of the fun of diving. In Tarpoon Lagoon we will help you find the right gear. Each piece of scuba equipment has a different function so that together, it adapts you to the underwater world.
Depending on your course of choice, you may need some topic specific equipment in order to complete the course successfully. These items may include things like a camera, wreck diving arrows, flashlights or gloves. Be sure to inquire about what you need for each lesson and the Tarpoon Lagoon staff will be happy to guide you in your selections.
These have a personal fit, and Tarpoon Lagoon we will help you choose gear with the best fit and features for you.
The kind of gear you’ll need depends on the conditions where you dive most.
** 10% OFF for our students.
Personal items to bring:
- Change clothes
- Lunch / Money