These premium quality stainless steel snaps are polished and passivated. Passivation treatments improve the surface condition of stainless steel by dissolving iron that has been imbedded in the surface during forming. Although a cosmetic flaw only, if allowed to remain the iron will corrode and give the appearance of rust spots on the stainless steel. Passivation, which consists of immersing stainless steel components in a special acid solution, will dissolve most of the imbedded iron and restore the original corrosion-resistant surface by forming a thin, transparent oxide film.
- Premium quality stainless steel snaps
- Passivated and polished for marine applications
- Heavy-duty (316-series) stainless steel alloy body
- Interior spring is (316-series) stainless steel alloy
- Smooth gate action - No sharp edges